Yes, yes, we all know…
We DO New Years, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day (as if), The Ides of March, Easter, April Fool’s Day, May Day, the Fourth of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas – MAINLY – and then we start all over again on the first of the following year.
The only THREE legitimate National Observances for us that are honest and forward-thinking are as follows:
(1) MEMORIAL DAY (a day to honor BLACK/Afrocentric American soldiers, the only ones who fought for TRUE and righteous freedoms in America and made the word “American” a prosperous world standard that has since been taken for granted by white supremacists. Our Black soldiers did not fight for the freedom to enslave and destroy the lives of others due to their race and ethnic origins. White America observes that old line standard by instituting a separate “Veterans Day,” put in place to put Memorial Day aside as a “Black thing.”);
(2) LABOR DAY, because there truly needs to be an honest and introspective look at the Labor Unions that made the workplace at least balanced and somewhat mostly fair for workers. It also is responsible for stopping child labor, something no one thought twice about during slavery times — when little children started working the fields as soon as they were old enough to walk. And as Black women, we had no need of white women’s ‘right to work’. We were forced to work for no pay, from Day One. We utterly failed and lost hope for the future when we gave up on the Labor Unions under “rich white man duress”.
(3) BLACK HISTORY DAY, all day- every day- 365 days every year. Our contributions to this world as a Race of People cannot be contained in a month.
Black history -even that which is encompassed in the Black American revolutionist history of Juneteenth and the pagan-esque celebration of Kwanzaa- is the creation and evolution and revolution of ALL humanity and all it encompasses. Str8 up. We don’t need to ‘discuss’ diversity and multiculturalism, we ARE the ONLY diverse and multi-cultural people on the planet even when there is not a single white face anywhere to be found in the room. We’re it, all of it, with or without them in tow.
Don’t get it twisted … American never GAVE us anything as a Black and afrocentric people.
Whatever America has, they got from Black people. That includes everything from TRUE and RIGHTEOUS FREEDOM, spiritual knowledge, and numerous technological and manufacturing advances, to Elvis Presley, Eminem, AND “Bruno Mars.”
As far as Sabbaths go … the truth is, the Bible doesn’t indicate that the Sabbath was on a Saturday. That is the day we use on the Gregorian calendar to REPRESENT the Sabbath as if it is the Seventh Day. However, the Bible itself doesn’t have a day called “Saturday” (i.e., Saturn Day/Saturnalia) mentioned anywhere in it. And birthdays? It is also a pagan-esque celebration and symbol of self-worship in the getting of gifts and respecting of personalities, but I am of the PERSONAL mindset that birthdays should only be celebrated by honoring your Parents on the day you were born.
“Honor thy Mother and thy Father…that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.” That IS actually true PURE scripture.
Scriptural Purity and Purging of All Complex Spiritual Matters re: Holidays
New Year’s is not the same for all the nations in the world, so ANY New Years Day is actually appropriate, especially if you operate off a fiscal year budget (i.e., April 1st to April 1st) instead of a calendar year one. Besides, on the Julian calendar that was used before Americans of the British European controlled ilk switched to the Gregorian calendar that the nation uses now, so on the original Julian calendar New Year’s was on or around the middle of May.
By the way, April 1st is the literal New Years Day — the New Year actually begins in SPRING, not in the middle of winter, as we have been taught to believe.
Take it or leave it alone
Word of Note: If you can afford to play footsies with white lies and make other white people rich by celebrating manmade holidays in their stores and malls, take a moment to listen to your own people. I can’t get into the fights between religions and entities, but what I can do is take the time to acknowledge that the truth doesn’t care who tells it.
Donkeys talk and rocks cry out in the Kingdom of God, so those of us who find it so easy to wreck ourselves with European lies can take a moment to consider that Black folks ain’t as ignorant as they THINK we are.
Valentine’s Day is one of the many pagan observances that many people like to wrap around some type of “saint” who didn’t exist, and “Saint” Patrick’s Day is the other one. Red, green, or any other color … it’s all idol worship and child’s play.
Besides, most of us Black folks are nothing close to being Irish. Personally, I’d have to say “Kiss Me, I’m Scottish,” or “Kiss Me, I’m Scots-Irish,” which really means that my white ancestors “passed through” Ireland on the way to the Americas. MOST Black folks aren’t close to being Irish, but too many of us who have an issue with Kwanzaa will celebrate that white meaningless green-colored holiday without blinking, or thinking. That’s a love for the same Irish Catholics who would never find it anywhere in their hearts to love us.
The Ides of March is an oldy that was turned into some type of religion, but was really the March 15 date for settling debts. In America, the Ides of March is now the Ides of April…15… Tax Day.
I know, I KNOW-woah…here we go again. Really, folks, it ain’t that serious. Or THIS serious.
But the truth is, this day is another child’s game in the pagan world mixed with quite a few different forms of religiosity or religious belief systems. It was, in fact, another excuse to use the strength of belief in God as leverage to worship symbols and idols in place of God. It was strange this year, also, that Easter fell on April Fool’s Day … both are truly a joke.
People will argue, or at least believe in their hearts all day and night, that Easter is about the crucifixion and resurrection of our Lord & Savior, The Messiah. However, there is actually not one single solitary mandate or command in the biblical scriptures for us to observe the death and resurrection of Christ EXCEPT at the Communion table … as was observed by Christ and His Disciples, as in “THIS DO IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME.”
Not a single word in the Bible (i.e., ‘The Word of God’) about the observance of Easter as a festive or sorrowful occasion, especially not one that was blended with rabbits, dyed eggs, candy, and the commercialism of “Easter stuff.” But it’s a heckuva child’s play story if you just “have” to find a way to make it a “Christian” holiday, and that is to include “Ash” Wednesday and “Good” Friday.
However … When I became a grown woman, I put away childish things.
There is no intent herein to discourage others from celebrating any of these so-called “holy” holidays. However…
Unlike the Hebrew Israelites, I don’t believe in legalism in spirituality; and unlike the Muslims, I don’t believe in the subjugation of women; and unlike the Catholics, I don’t believe in the subjugation of women OR in replacing the Messiah’s recognition as the Son of God with symbols like rosary beads and crucifixes. I am essentially a purist when it comes to Christianity, the REAL Christianity, not this fake American version kidnapped by Europe and twisted by America.
In short, if God hates it, so do I. And the truth doesn’t care WHO speaks on it…that’s just the simple bottom line.
Proverbs 16-19 Here are six things God hates,
and one more that he loathes with a passion:
eyes that are arrogant,
a tongue that lies,
hands that murder the innocent,
a heart that hatches evil plots,
feet that race down a wicked track,
a mouth that lies under oath,
a troublemaker in the family.
Furthermore … things God hates: (read up…)
1. Homosexual acts (Leviticus 18:22); (something Americans, even American “christians” love or at least respect)
2. Bestiality (Leviticus 18:23); (yes, it happens in America, too…mostly wipipo, but it has not been BEYOND Black persons to get caught screwing their pets)
3. Idols, and the materials used to make idols (Deuteronomy 7:25);
4. Blemished sacrifices (Deuteronomy 17:1);
5. Worshipping the sun, moon or stars (Deuteronomy 4:19 and 17:3-4) — don’t get it twisted, it isn’t just about astrology and the practice of witchcraft and warlockry, it’s also about rabbits, trees, nationalist flags, and crosses/crucifixes, AND the alleged “star” of David);
6. Divination (Deuteronomy 18:10);^
7. Astrology (Deuteronomy 18:10);^
8. Enchanters (Deuteronomy 18:10);^
9. Witches (Deuteronomy 18:10);^
10. Charmers (Deuteronomy 18:11);^
11. Wizards (Deuteronomy 18:11);^
12. Necromancers (Deuteronomy 18:11); (deviant sex no different than the other types)
13. Transvestitism (Deuteronomy 22:5); (deviancy in gender confusion)
14. The hire of a whore (Deuteronomy 23:18); (like the one in The White House now being called President of the United States, i.e., “Donald Trump”)
15. Remarriage to a former wife after she has been married to another man (Deuteronomy 24:4); (it’s complicated)
16. Dishonest scales (Deuteronomy 25:13-16); (overcharging people more than what something is worth; the medical field is usually high-end egregious scale-tippers)
17. Workers of iniquity (Psalm 5:5);
18. The wicked (Psalm 11:5);
19. Those who love violence (Psalm 11:5);
20. The froward [perverse] (Proverbs 3:32);
21. A proud look (Proverbs 6:16-17); (and pride goeth just before a fall)
22. A lying tongue (Proverbs 6:17);
23. Hands that shed innocent blood (Proverbs 6:17);
24. A heart that devises wicked imaginations (Proverbs 6:18);
25. Feet that are swift in running to mischief (Proverbs 6:18); (Note: It’s a false sense of security to believe that America has the “power” to annihilate entire nations. It will crumble as did the Roman Empire before that happens.)
26. A false witness who speaks lies (Proverbs 6:19); ^^^^^
27. Anyone who sows discord among brethren (Proverbs 6:19);
28. Lying lips (Proverbs 12:22);^^^^^^^
29. The sacrifices of the wicked (Proverbs 15:8);
30. The ways of the wicked (Proverbs 15:9); ^
31. The thoughts of the wicked (Proverbs 15:26); ^^
32. The proud in heart (Proverbs 16:5); ^^^
33. Those who justify the wicked (Proverbs 17:15); ^^^^
34. Those who condemn the just (Proverbs 17:15);
35. Vain sacrifices (Isaiah 1:13);
36. Feasts and celebrations involving “new moons” and other forms of idol worship and insincerity (Isaiah 1:14);
37. Robbery for burnt offering (Isaiah 61:8); (The Just Shall Live by Faith)
38. Idolatry (Jeremiah 44:2-4);
39. Evil plans against neighbors (Zechariah 8:17); Trump: Building America’s ‘Berlin Wall’
40. False oaths (Zechariah 8:17); (and empty vain promises…)
41. Esau (Malachi 1:1-3; Romans 9:13);
Malachi 1 King James Version (KJV)
1 The burden of the word of the Lord to Israel by Malachi. 2 I have loved you, saith the Lord. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob’s brother? saith the Lord: yet I loved Jacob, 3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness. 4 Whereas Edom saith, We are impoverished, but we will return and build the desolate places; thus saith the Lord of hosts, They shall build, but I will throw down; and they shall call them, The border of wickedness, and, The people against whom the Lord hath indignation forever. 5 And your eyes shall see, and ye shall say, The Lord will be magnified from the border of Israel.
42. Divorce (Malachi 2:14-16); (speaks for itself, but the reigning ‘example” of American righteousness is a man they call “president” who has been married and divorced no less than three times, which proves that America has NEVER, at any time, been a “christian” nation in any manner prescribed by God…no matter how much the superior “they” want to believe it.
43. The deeds of the Nicolaitans (Revelation 2:6, 15); (They were running hot and cold, sitting on the fence between good and evil instead of taking a stand either way) SPEW!
44. Sacred pillars … (Deuteronomy 16:22)-(‘graven images’, which is actually part of the 10 Don’ts of the Ten Commandments); and
45. “I hate, I despise, your feast days” (Amos 5:21); with Isaiah 1:14: “Your new moons and your appointed feasts My soul hates.”
But moving on …
Here’s what Wiki says about “May Day”: May Day is a public holiday usually celebrated on May 1. It is an ancient northern hemisphere spring festival and a traditional spring holiday in many cultures. Dances, singing, and cake is usually part of the festivities.
We used to observe May Day when I was a child, and the festivities were akin to what you might see in New Orleans during Mardi Gras, with all kinds of rainbow colors, a Maypole we danced around, and something close to what Orleaneans would call a “King Cake,” all thick and sugary, almost like a Milk Cake when you visit Hispanics on their cultural holidays, like Cinco de Mayo.
The Fourth of July
Speaks for itself why African Americans have NO reason whatsoever to celebrate “Independence Day.” While they were celebrating it, our ancestors were still enslaved. Their independence was skin-specific and had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with us.
Celebrating “the” dead is about the same as celebrating an abortion. Some would call this wipipo demonstration of netherworld hallowedness “satanic” or “demonic,” I’d settle for plain stupid. Grown folks acting like children, even when it’s playing “dress up” as Bible characters instead of witches and hobgoblins, is a little too juvenile for my taste, and should be a little bit of senile for anyone else.
But if you are a Black person who rolls along with wipipo mess, go for it. ‘Heil Hitler’, while you’re at it.
Why Black people would celebrate the mass murders, exile, and deracination of their own native ancestors is beyond me, but ‘Heil Hitler’ on this one, too. If you would celebrate one racist activity, like the Fourth of July in the USA, you may as well celebrate them all.
Not a “Hebrew Israelite” by any stretch of the imagination, but as I mentioned before … the truth don’t care who tells it. If we don’t, it will eventually get around to telling on itself. When someone comes the CLOSEST to the actual truth that all research bears out … I have to at least give it a listen and determine for myself whether or not it is true.
It’s Too Easy…
It’s too easy for us -as a People who do not knowwe are a People- to believe anything white people say and almost nothing we teach one another. That, too, is a direct result of being slave-minded, and it is truly something we need to get over and move away from as we move TOWARD God and godliness.
America actually has only three legitimate holidays or observances that are not paganist and/or skin-color racist: Memorial Day, Labor Day, and Black History Day All Day Every Day of the Year, and before you say “Black” History is racist, keep in mind what caused the snakebite poison of racism, and its only possible cure and antidote – snake venom.
PUBLIC NOTE: The opinions expressed in this article are the author's own and do not reflect the view of the Urban Intellectuals, affiliates or partners.
FREE 50 Printable Inspiring and Thoughtful Quotes!
Learn, be empowered, educated and engage along with us? Join the Urban Intellectuals Family TODAY and receive your FREE PDF Printable quotes download.